A heads-up tournament consists of tables with two players per table. The players on each table play against each other (heads up) until a there is a winner. The winners then progress to further rounds to play more games until there is an overall winner.
If number of player registered for a tournament is not 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 or 512 some players will be given a bye for the first round. The following formula will be used to decide how many players play in the first round:
- X players register
- Y is the largest number tournament that could be run (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512)
- X – Y = Z
- Z x 2 is the number of players to play
- X - (Zx2) = number of player to get a bye
- 89 players register
- 64 is the largest tournament that could be run
- 89 – 64 = 25
- 25 x 2 = 50 is number of player to play
- 89 – 50 = 39 is the number of player to get a bye
Byes will be allocated at random and this formula will be applied to the first round only. The rounds will be conducted in a shootout style, with each round commencing at the same time and all players starting the next game at the same time.
The player who does not have the button is dealt the first playing card. The player on the dealer button is the small blind and the player not on the dealer button posts the big blind. The small blind acts first before the flop and last after the flop is dealt.
Deepstack: $20K Gtd
Deepstack: $15K Gtd
Deepstack: $7.5K Gtd
Bounty Hunter Turbo: $5K...